My name is Christina, actually my friends call me stina. I enjoy reading diferent kinds of novels but scary stories. However, I'm now going to try a new adventure..."Farenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury. Also, "Animal farm" by George Owell. I'm just going to have fun^^

January 23, 2007

Entry 7: settings


* are there any settings in this novel which you have found to be beautiful? or disturbing? or memorable? describe these settings and comment on why they were meaningful to you.
Every setting where Montag and Clarisse were together, were memorable and beautiful. The settings were always peaceful and quiet, which is perfect for two people to have a conversation. In one setting, it was raining and Clarisse suggested Montag to taste the rain. It was a moment where everything was fine and normal. No fire, no machines, no captain Beatty but a great dialogue that makes them happy.

“I’m still crazy. The rain feels good. I love to walk in it.”
“I don’t think I’d like that,” he said.
“You might if you tried.”
“I never have”
She licked her lips. “Rain even tastes good.”
……
“I guess it’s the last of the dandelions this year, I didn’t think I’d find one on the lawn this late. Have you every heard of rubbing it under our chin? Look.”
She touched her chin with the flower, laughing.

The setting that was very disturbing was when Montag described the Mechanical hound growling at him. It was also fearful that it was only intimidating Montag for some reason. As I imagined the picture, I wouldn’t want to be in a situation like that. Especially, when other colleagues didn’t even care, and all they say was that they would check with it later.

1 comment:

African Globe Trotters. said...

Why was the setting disturbing? Mrs.Mc.